Sexual Harrassment Policy
The Providence Improv Guild is committed to providing a space that is free from sexual harassment. Sexual harassment is against the law and will not be tolerated. The Providence Improv Guild administration is dedicated to taking prompt and appropriate corrective action for any reports of sexual harassment.
WHAT IS SEXUAL HARASSMENT
- Sexual harassment means unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, sexually-motivated physical contact or other verbal or physical conduct or communication of a sexual nature where:
- Submission to that conduct or communication is made a term or condition of employment or status as a performer at The Providence Improv Guild, either explicitly or implicitly.
- Submission to or rejection of that conduct or communication by an individual is used as a factor in decisions affecting that individual’s employment or status as a performer at The Providence Improv Guild.
- Such conduct or communication unreasonably interferes with an individual’s job or theatrical performance, or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment.
- Sexual harassment also includes sexual assault. No one involved with the Providence Improv Guild – whether an officer, teacher, coach, student, or performer – may request or require submission to a sexual act as a condition of receiving any benefit or avoiding any detriment
HARASSMENT MAY TAKE MANY FORMS
- Verbal: Derogatory comments, slurs, or name-calling; repeated requests for dates, threats, propositions, unwelcome and unwanted correspondence, phone calls, and gifts.
- Physical Assault: impeding or blocking movement; unwanted and unwarranted physical contact, such as touching, pinching, patting, grabbing, kissing, or poking another performer’s body.
- Visual: Staring at or directing unwelcome and unwanted attention to a performer’s anatomy; leering; unwanted and unwelcome sexually oriented or suggestive gestures.
- Cyberstalking: Harassment using electronic communication, such as e-mail, instant messaging, social media platforms or texting.
- Red Flags: Any actions that don't sit right with you, comes close to breaking the policies stated above, or an action that you feel needs to be stopped. The Providence Improv Guild would like to be able to conduct preventive measure before they become actionable offenses.
PROVIDENCE IMPROV GUILD'S RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER THIS POLICY
If a Providence Improv Guild administrator receives an allegation of sexual harassment, or has reason to believe sexual harassment is occurring, they will conduct a prompt and thorough investigation of all complaints. The investigation will take all necessary steps to ensure that the matter is promptly investigated and addressed and will depend upon the specific circumstances, but may include interviews with the person making the complaint, the person against whom the complaint is made, any potential witnesses identified by either person, and any others whom The Providence Improv Guild believes may have relevant information.
If the allegation is determined to be credible, The Providence Improv Guild will take immediate and effective measures to end the unwelcome behavior. The Providence Improv Guild is committed to take action if it learns of possible sexual harassment, even if the individual does not wish to file a formal complaint.
REPORTING SEXUAL HARASSMENT, RED FLAGS, AND INAPPROPRIATE CONDUCT
The Providence Improv Guild is a non-profit theater with a governing board of directors. If you become aware of a violation of any of these policies you can report misconduct and harassment to any of the board members and/or theater administrators listed below. Our aim is to provide a number of people you can report to so that you feel comfortable coming forward.
- Any person who knowingly provides false information in connection with an investigation under this policy will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination of employment or affiliation with The Providence Improv Guild.
- The Providence Improv Guild will make every effort to respect the privacy of those involved in an investigation under this procedure. However, please understand that we may need to disclose certain information to complete our investigation or otherwise address the matters raised in the complaint.
- A request not to investigate a reported violation of this policy cannot be honored. The results of the investigation will be discussed with those individuals involved and The Providence Improv Guild will determine whether any action is warranted in response.
- Individuals who are found to have violated this policy will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment or affiliation with The Providence Improv Guild.
The Providence Improv Guild Administrators
Jimmy Sorel SorelJP@gmail.com
Jerrod Altmeier email@example.com
Melissa Bowler firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Miller email@example.com
Mindy Deering McCombs firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Bagley email@example.com
Katie Bucher firstname.lastname@example.org